Cultural Competency & Health Literacy
2018 Annual Training Conference
Shared Decision-Making and Co-Design in the Health and Social Service Context
Thursday, October 11, 2018
8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Visiting Nurse Service of New York
107 E 70th St. New York, NY
Morning refreshments and lunch will be provided.
The NYP PPS is pleased to offer a workshop for health and social service providers on shared decision- making and co-design – a participatory way of deepening consumer engagement in care design and delivery – as tools for delivering culturally sensitive care and optimizing cross-cultural communication.
The program will include:
- An introduction to the principles of co-design and shared decision-making
- How co-design connects to social impact
- Tools for applying co-design to foster culturally-responsive collaboration and deliver human- centered care at individual and organizational levels
- Poster session highlighting real-world applications of co-design principles
- Networking opportunities
- Featured trainers from Greater Good Studio:
o George Aye, Co-Founder & Director of Innovation
o Kate Maitland, Design Researcher
For more information:
- Greater Good Studio and team bios
- NYP PPS Cultural Competency & Health Literacy resources
- Or contact Rachel Naiukow, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share this event with any interested colleagues! The formal agenda is forthcoming.
Registration, refreshments and lunch are free and provided by the NewYork-Presbyterian Performing Provider System.