NY Connects has been helping residents of New York State for over 11 years, serving older individuals and individuals with disabilities of all ages, as well as families, caregivers, and professionals, connecting them to services and supports. The main goal of NY Connects is to help individuals to remain independent and remain in their homes for as long as possible.
NY Connects collaborates with community partners to provide conflict free and seamless referrals, information, and assistance.
The following services are provided by NY Connects:
- No Wrong Door (NWD) Screening Tool – a process to determine needs and the most appropriate referrals. Financial screening is also provided to determine eligibility for Medicaid if the individual is not aware of it.
- NY Connects Home Visit – for those who are struggling with the information provided, NY Connects will send a caseworker out to meet with the family or individual to help get them the assistance or information needed.
- Assistance applying for public benefits (Medicaid, SNAP, HEAP, etc)
- Person-centered Counseling – an interactive and individualized process where individuals, with the help of a specialist, can make a plan based on their values, needs, preferences, and cost.
- Care Transitions – one-on-one assistance with long-term needs when transitioning from a hospital or nursing home, NY Connects works as a member of the team to provide referral assistance during the transition.
- Resource Directory of long-term services and supports – personal care services, behavioral health/ developmental supports and services, health and wellness, and education and counseling, etc.
To find a NY Connects office near you or to search for long-term services and supports, call 1-800-342-9871 or visit www.nyconnects.ny.gov. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing can use NY Relay System 7-1-1.