Integration of Primary Care and Behavioral Health Services – Project 3.a.i
Integration of Behavioral Health Services into Primary Care Services (Model 1) and the integration of Primary Care Services into Behavioral Health Sites (Model 2) can provide timely access for patients to better manage and cope with mental health and physical health. Early detection will allow for better treatment and ensure treatments for medical and behavioral health conditions are compatible and do not cause adverse effects.
Care Compass Network’s Goals
- Increase early identification and detection of behavioral health and substance use disorders in primary care to allow patients to receive counseling and intervention services to mitigate high no show rates and remove stigma barriers to care.
- Provide evidence-based training and forum opportunities to build and support primary care’s capacity to address and conduct behavioral health and substance abuse screenings.
- Provide timely access to Behavioral Health Services in Primary Care to allow for rapid interventions, de-escalation and connection to outpatient and specialty psychiatric services.
- Improve care coordination and communication between socio, medical and Behavioral Health Services across the continuum of care.
- Provide access to Primary Care services for behavioral health patients where they already have an established and trusting relationship.
- Engage patients in the development of care plan, action plans, self-management goals and lifestyle modifications.
- Decrease the number of avoidable admissions to Hospital emergency departments for preventable illnesses.
Who is Eligible to Participate in the Project?
Depending on the model chosen, any Primary Care Provider that is Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Certified or wants to become certified and outpatient Behavioral Health Providers (Article 31 or Article 32) can be eligible to participate.
Latest News & Updates
Integration of Behavioral Health into Primary Care Model 1 Webinar – June 21, 2017
Project Manager, Bouakham Rosetti and Emily Pape, Director of Population Health will discuss the quality metrics associated with Project 3ai Model 1 during DSRIP year 3 and discuss any project-specific items and changes to the Phase II Appendix C […] Watch Now
Integration of Primary Care into Behavioral Health Model 2 (Project 3ai) Webinar – June 14, 2017
Nancy Frank, Project Manager and Emily Pape, Director of Population Health provide an understanding of the metrics that will be associated with Project 3ai Model 2 during DSRIP Year 3 as well as discuss the changes in payment, project deliverables and a few frequently asked questions […] Watch Now