This 3-part training series will help you make more sense of the DBT Skills, gain tips for teaching them to your patients, and hear about real-life applications where using the skills can make a meaningful difference.
Session 3 Objectives:
• Increase awareness of the importance of mindfulness to effective communication, and learn strategies for building patient motivation for these skills.
• Help patients objectively assess factors impacting effective communication.
• Learn strategies for helping patients be more away of the balance in priorities necessary for effective communication and sustainable relationships.
• Improve confidence in teaching the DEAR MAN, GIVE, and FAST skills, and understand real-world application of these skills.
• Provide and effective standard for patient to determine what level of intensity if most appropriate and effective when interacting with others.
• Gain confidence in teaching patients about Behavior Change Strategies that they can use to increase effectiveness with others, as well as with their own behaviors.